At the beginning of the Guiding year, British Columbia will begin in stage Outdoor 1 for units in Vancouver Coastal, Interior and Fraser Health regions. You can find details on this Return to In-Person Guiding stage on Member Zone. The Return to In-Person Guiding document is available on GirlGuides.ca.
Camps & Trainings
Just Hanging Around
Looking for fun activities to do with your kids? Teens driving you crazy? Girl Guides of Canada has made their activities public so you can do them at home.
Girl Involvement in Planning: We are Guiders. We Guide
- We guide the girls in developing leadership skills, planning skills, and camping skills.
- We guide them by offering lots of suggestions so they can choose and make their program their own.
- We guide by letting them make mistakes and learn from them.
- We guide by asking questions and letting them try to figure it out.
- We guide by being strong role models.
All Levels Guider Planning Meetings Tips:
- share responsibilities (many hands make for little work)
- take turns running meetings, or run different parts of the meeting
- change up responsible guider or treasurer part way through the year
- find a balance between socializing and business
- use the fun finder or instant meetings, or camp in a box, for ideas
- get the girls involved in some of the planning
Getting To Know Each Other
- try to plan Sep-Dec, then have another meeting in Dec to plan Jan-Jun (or Jan-Mar/Mar-Jun) This makes for a good excuse to get together as adults
- get out and camp – if you are not comfortable ask for a mentor
- plan a camp or sleepover as soon as possible because that time together bonds the girls way faster than meeting once a week