Rangers is all about leadership and community involvement and a flexible program that allows teens to create their own unique Guiding experience. Young women begin to explore career options and learn valuable skills such as budgeting and event planning.
Sample activities may include:
- Exploring career options and learning how to write a great resume
- Learning about budgeting for living away from home
- Leading discussions about body image and the media
- Planning an overnight canoe trip
- Volunteering as a Girl Assitant with younger girls
- Connecting with the wider world through international travel and global development projects
- Furthering their education through Girl Guides of Canada scholarships
Extraordinary Options, or Extra Ops, is for girls aged 12-17 who are more interested in the ‘doing’ of Guiding and less interested in earning the badges and recognition available in Pathfinders or Rangers. This is definitely for girls who want to pursue their interests in a very focused way.
Trex is for young women who love to tackle challenging, exciting and bold outdoor adventures. Trex challenges girls to spend their Guiding time enjoying Canada’s great outdoors, testing their limits as they push themselves to overcome obstacles and achieve new goals.