Girl Involvement in Planning: We are Guiders. We Guide
- We guide the girls in developing leadership skills, planning skills, and camping skills.
- We guide them by offering lots of suggestions so they can choose and make their program their own.
- We guide by letting them make mistakes and learn from them.
- We guide by asking questions and letting them try to figure it out.
- We guide by being strong role models.
All Levels Guider Planning Meetings Tips:
- share responsibilities (many hands make for little work)
- take turns running meetings, or run different parts of the meeting
- change up responsible guider or treasurer part way through the year
- find a balance between socializing and business
- use the fun finder or instant meetings, or camp in a box, for ideas
- get the girls involved in some of the planning
Getting To Know Each Other
- try to plan Sep-Dec, then have another meeting in Dec to plan Jan-Jun (or Jan-Mar/Mar-Jun) This makes for a good excuse to get together as adults
- get out and camp – if you are not comfortable ask for a mentor
- plan a camp or sleepover as soon as possible because that time together bonds the girls way faster than meeting once a week